Roasted Stuffed Zucchini
1 green or yellow zucchini
2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup whole wheat couscous
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped green onion
3 finely chopped cherry tomatoes (or a bit of chopped regular tomato... I just had cherries on hand)
small handful of fresh basil and parsley, chopped
freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then scoop out the flesh and chop into small pieces. Gently sautee in olive oil with the onion and cherry tomatoes, for 6 - 10 minutes until softened but not browned.
2. Meanwhile, cook couscous as instructed on the box. (I usually skip reading the box and just put the couscous in a bowl, barely cover it with boiling water from the kettle, and let it sit, covered, for 4 or 5 minutes.)
3. Combine couscous, feta, sauteed vegetables, chopped herbs and pepper to taste in a bowl.
4. Press mixture firmly into hollowed-out zucchini halves. (I piled it quite high and it didn't fall out during roasting.) Place zucchinis in a baking dish, sprayed with canola cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika to taste.
5. Roast in a 350 degree oven until zucchini halves have softened and caramelized, and the top of the couscous mixture has crisped up and browned a bit - about 30 minutes.